Applying at DSA
We are always happy to receive your application, also as a general application!
If your application could convince us, we will invite you to a first interview to get to know you better in a relaxed atmosphere. Currently, we mainly conduct this interview online as a video conference. With the invitation email you will receive a link for an online interview via Microsoft Teams. (Here you can find out how to participate in a Microsoft Teams meeting without your own Teams account).
After a successful first talk we will invite you to another interview. Depending on the agreement, the second meeting will also take place online or at our location.
Tips for job interviews via video
An interview via video conference may be unfamiliar at first.
These tips will help you to prepare yourself well.
- Make sure that you are undisturbed during the entire interview.
- Take enough time to prepare and check your technique.
- Set your camera at eye level, look into the camera during the interview.
- Choose a neutral background for the interview and make sure the lighting is good.
- Make sure that you can be contacted by phone in case the technology fails.
Checklist for a successful application
It is important that your application is complete. Your cover letter should state the position you are applying for, your salary expectations, and your earliest possible starting date.
Your application should include the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of all relevant certificates (school, training, university)
- References about your professional activities
- Certificates of internships and additional qualifications
This is usually done with two representatives of the responsible department head. This is not yet about a specific job or task. Instead, we want to learn more about you in order to find the right field of activity for you.
- You have the opportunity to present us your previous experience and your abilities in detail.
- We introduce ourselves and our company (business areas, corporate culture, contractual conditions, etc.)
- For both sides, there is ample opportunity for questions.
If we both are still interested, we meet for another conversation.
This interview is conducted by a representative of the management, the specialist department and a group leader.
- We may clarify any open questions.
- We introduce you to a possible activity and position for you and negotiate the salary.
At the end of the conversation, you hold a blank employment contract, which you can review at home taking all the time you need. Then you have a few days to tell us that you want to work with us. The contract is signed personally at DSA or via mail. Now, there is nothing more to prevent you from starting at DSA!
By the way, there are always opportunities to get to know us personally at the Nacht der Unternehmen, bonding AutomotiveDay or other recruiting events. We publish our participation in such events in advance in our news section.